Eastwood Auto Restoration Blog - Free How-to Automotive Tech Advice for Everything DIY Automotive
This weekend is one that many car guys take some time away from the garage wrenching on their projects and gather around the glow of their TV to watch the annual Barrett Jackson Scottsdale Auction. Some of us watch to drool over some of the rarest cars on the earth, while others watch to see how well a car similar to theirs sells. I'd say that I fall into the first group. I like to hear the stories behind some of these special cars, and how they made their way to the auction.
Some people may not realize, but the Barrett Jackson auctions aren't just for super cars and million dollar classics. If you look at the Auction Docket, you will see everything from "boring normal cars" to tractors, campers, and motorcycles. Don't let the TV networks fool you, there is something for everyone at these auctions!
Below are a few of my favorite vehicles going up for auction this year. I can't wait to see what they go for, and what else is going to go across the auction block! Have a guess what any of these special cars will sell for? Post up your predictions!
When was the last time you saw one of these at your local cruise-in?
1954 Desoto Adventurer II Coupe
How about a famed 50's concept car?
1955 FLAJOLE FORERUNNER COUPE CONCEPT
Or lastly, maybe you prefer a replica of the 1939 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car?
1939 BUICK ROADMASTER CONVERTIBLE SEDAN
When looking over Project Pile House we started seeing a lot of spots where we needed to repair rusted panels on the body. When sizing it all up, we found that many of them could be replaced with the combination of some basic hand tools and our new Patch Panel Install Kit. We decided to show you an outline of how to tackle this job on an extremely rusty door. Enjoy the video, and let us know if you have any ideas for future technical how-to videos!
- The PHR Cover shot has been finished! Check out this sneak peak video of the cover car done with Eastwood paints! http://t.co/UpoAILXE #
- We have shared our 3 favorite "Winter Projects" on our wall! Check to see if yours has been picked! Thanks all that entered! -Matt/EW #
- Congrats to Kyle Carlsten, you and your '30 Hudson project will be getting an Eastwood grab bag! Send an email... http://t.co/o89aq4S0 #
- Congrats to Jamie Barrett, you and your 51 Nash Rambler project will be getting an Eastwood grab bag! Send an... http://t.co/qKGLSpqH #
- Congrats to Matt Todd, you and your 79 Camaro Z28 project will be getting an Eastwood grab bag! Send an email to:... http://t.co/s5wKuXb1 #