- Check out the full story in the latest blog entry: http://www.eastwood.com/blog/50-dodge-project/the-new-headache/ http://fb.me/ZJfJEYSr #
- It's beautiful out today, and we are going to start digging into the Dodge project a little. Scared what we may... http://fb.me/TjrtOePg #
Some of you may remember about a month ago I hinted at my latest bad idea.. or great idea (depending who you are talking to), a 1950 Dodge Pickup Truck. I found this truck when buying some old VW parts cars from an extremely nice "old stuff collector" in my area. After a winter of milling it over, I decided I needed to try something out of my comfort zone of 70's-80's European Cars. I have always loved 40's and 50's cars, with their round lines, big bubble fenders, and exquisite grills and hood emblems.. they just ooze style!
So fast forward to early March and we got some of our first warm-ish weather. I decided to give my buddy "Whitey" a visit and see if I could strike a deal on one of his old 50's Dodge pickup trucks. After I got the grand tour again (Whitey loves to show off his old stuff if you ask nicely), he brought me to the most complete of the bunch and told me the story. Apparently he had daily driven this truck since the late 50's up until about 88 or 89. That was, until he had a bad waterpump, overheated the engine and cracked the head. Since Whitey was so busy with work and other projects, he parked the truck hoping to get it fixed some day. He did eventually get the cylinder head off, but never got any further than that. Now some 23 years later, here I was handing him cold hard cash for this bad boy.
So this past Saturday I went out with the local flatbed driver and pulled it out of the woods. After clearing out all of the odds and ends from in front of the truck, we were able to get it up on the truck. I shot a quick video of the process and you can see how locked up the rear was when we went to pull it out.
After getting it unloaded here at Eastwood, I got to working on the Dodge today. I cleaned the junk out of the cab, pulled the seat, and began vacuuming the inside of the truck. You can see below that cab is pretty dang solid thus far!
Stay tuned for more updates later this week!Click Here To Read Full Post...
- Dropped safely at Eastwood headquarters. Wait until the bosses see this Monday! -Matt/EW http://fb.me/O6K29R8o #
- Dropped safely at Eastwood headquarters. Wait until the bosses see this Monday morning! -Matt/EW http://fb.me/T9bpyL1D #
- Even the tow vehicle is cool! http://fb.me/QJ1zjMIJ #
- Newer posts
- Older posts