It seems like an endless cycle all I have been working on is these dang cab mounts! But it is the basis for how the rest of the body will be situated, so I guess even though it is boring, it is necessary to make sure it is all done right. Today I worked on the towers I fabricated in the last posts. I mocked up them up on the brackets and marked and drilled them for the bolt that will attach everything to together. I used our Drill Index Set to drill the hole large enough to fit the bolt through. I will be using our Hole Saw Kit to make a larger hole in the top plate in to allow an extension and socket to fit down into the town and tighten the bolt down.
Next I used our new Prototype Plasma Cutter Attachment and the Versa Cut Plasma Cutter to cut out a replacement piece for the left front cab mount bracket. This made the cut super clean, and left almost no slag to clean up!
Thanks for watching!