Tag Archives: employee
A finely tuned machine- Eastwood Employees makes us tick
We want to share the great Eastwood staff with you, our customers! We have asked them to fill out the first five questions, and then pick 5 random questions from a “Wildcard” section of questions. We allowed them to answer these however they’d like. You’d be surprised at what some of us have to say!
1. Name and Title at Eastwood?
Tim P., Circulation & Analytics Manager
2. What the heck do you do all day?
I figure out how our marketing programs are performing and plan how many catalogs we need, when to mail them and who to mail them to.
3. Did you come from an automotive background before Eastwood? What did you do before Eastwood?
Well, not really. I’ve always loved cars and tinkering around with them. I’ve owned a few beauties like a ’92 Monte Carlo and a ’72 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Prior to joining the Eastwood family, I forecasting and cost accounting for a large office supply chain.
4. When not talking cars, tools, and restorations all day, what are a few of your hobbies?
I like spending time with my family, watching high school and college sports and cooking.
5. What's your favorite Eastwood product? Why?
It’s actually a family of products for me: The Eastwood line of welders is my favorite. Our line of welders is really helping a lot of our guys do more and be even more creative at home in their own garages and saving them a lot of money.
6. What's your favorite thing about working for Eastwood?
Wow, that’s a tough one. I guess I’d have to say seeing some of the work our guys do or have done! Matt’s Pile House project has been really interesting to me. I really want to be more hands-on than I have in the past!
7. Where do you find yourself navigating on the web regularly (other than Eastwood.com)
Since I’m a Volvo guy, I find myself most often at www.volvospeed.com , www.swedespeed.com and www.matthewsvolvosite.com most often looking for fixes and modifications I can make .
8. What was your first car? A.1966 Ford Fairlane Convertible with no rear floorboards and a 3-speed on the floor. That car was in sad shape….but it was fun when it ran
9. What are you building, restoring, or a job you are tackling next?
Found myself a ’98 Volvo V70 T5 that’s in pretty good shape for the 185K on its clock.
10. If you could own any car on the earth, what would it be?
A Rambler Marlin
*Stock car photos courtesy of Wikipedia
Fathers Day is fast approaching and we have loads of great Fathers Day Sale Items ready for you to wow your dad with. We made up a quick questionnaire for a few of our Eastwood Dads about the celebration that is Dad!
Meet Jim N. he is one of our customer service team leads and a long time motorhead!
1. Tell us about your pride and joy(s) (your kids of course!)-
I have a 10 year old Daughter (Adriana) and 3 year old Son (Tristan)
2. What would you prefer for Fathers Day, a new pair of socks, a tie, or tools and why?
Tools!..I have over $10,000 in tools and want more! Although, I really could use a set of quality Eastwood Tin Snips!
3. Did you get your love for cool vehicles with engines from your dad? Any fond memories of your dad and you working together?
My dad was a Nuclear Engineer specializing in diesel generators as backup power to nuclear reactors. I was able to go with him a few times when they were rebuilding the generators and actually stand in one of the piston cylinders, yes they were that big. I knew then I wanted to be a mechanic and went to college to learn the trade.
4. If you could hand down any tools from your collection down to your kids, which would they find the most useful?
5. What tool do you reach for the most when working around the garage or house
My flashlight…seems the older I get the worse I see!