Operation Manual & Part List
Model FT6035 Full Top Open Blast Cabinet
WARNING!! Abrasive blast cabinets produce a powerful flow of abrasive particles. To avoid personal injury and.or property damage, read this manual thoroughly before operating the blast cabinet.
It is suggested this manual is kept foe reference od blaster model number and replacement parts listing.
This blast cabinet is set up for use with DRY Abrasive Materials ONLY!
DO NOT MIX FLUIDS WITH BLAST MATERIAL!
Cyclone abrasive blast cabinets are designed for cleaning and finishing with dry blast materials such as glass beads, aluminum oxide, blasting garnet. walnut shells, silicon carbide and sands. The system is sealed at all openings, such window. The blast system will produce several different finishes, depending on the type of blasting material and the air pressure used.
Precautionary Check List
* Always close cabinet doors before blasting.
* Make sure all air connections are secure.
* Do Not Operate Over120 PSI.
* Use lower air pressure to clean soft matals and delicate parts.
* Always keep the blast stream moving in a circular or horizontal motion. Any blast concentrated in one area will result in pitting and uneven blast surfaces.
* Do NOT USE STEEL SHOT IN THIS BLAST CABINET! This cabinet is not designed for or set up for steel shot. Use of steel shot in this blast unit will void the wannanty and possibly injury the operator!
* Do NOT USE LIQUID OF ANY KIND IN THIS BLAST CABINET! Liquids will cause the blast media to clump up and not flow through the hoses properly. Use of any liquids will void the warranty and could cause damageto the cabinet!
How To Assemble and Install Blast Cabinet
- Open cabinet, reach in and screw two max 70 watt rough service lamp into sockets located just inside the cabinet.
- install the dust collection system according to manufacturers directions. The dust system hose will fit into the 2 1/4" hole found on the upper left hand side of blast unit. It just slides in-uo holding device. Plug cabinet into a grounded outlet. The blast cabinet has a 3 pronged grounded plug to guard against electric shock. If only 2 pronged receptacle is available, a ground adapter can be used. Make sure the green lead from the adapter is properly attached to a grounded wire system.
If any extension cords are used, be sure they are in good condition,
Note: The Canadian Electrical Code prohibits the use of 3 pronged adapters,
- Attach air fitting and air supply to the 1/2" fitting behind the safety ball valve.
- Pour blast media through the metal screen on the inside of cabinet into the blast hopper. We suggest 10-25 lbs. of blast material. Overfilling will create problems with the material properly flowing to the gun system.
- Place part to be blasted or metal grate.
- Turn switch on, this will operate the light & dust collector.
- Depress foot pedal. Keep the blast spray pattern moving across your part for best results.
|Excessive Dust||Dust collection system failing|
Too much blasting material
Blasting material worn
|Clean out canister and/or replace filters.|
Remove excess material
Replace with new material
|Surging||Too much blasting material ||Remove excess material|
|Inadequate Blast||Blast material worn|
Gun parts worn
Blast material worn
Too much air
|Replace with new material|
Replace with new nozzle & orifice
Replace with new material
Regulate air to 80-100 psi
|Static||Change in humidity|
faulty ground wiring
|Stand on cardboard.rubber mat|
Install staic electric band.
Check electrical wiring
Get lined gloves
|Unit Won't Blast||Excessively worn gun parts.||Replace parts and be sure they are in the proper place.|
Cyclone abrasive blast cabinets are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials in accord with the following terms:
- *Warranty extends to the original owner only.
- *Warranty does not cover blast cabinets used in commercial rentals.
- *Warranty is valid for one year (1) following the date of purchase.
- *Warranty does not cover standard wear items such as the nozzle, orifice, blasting material, window glass and gaskets.
- *Warranty does not cover misuse of blast cabinet This includes failure to follow Instructions.
- *Warranty does not cover blast unit if altered or otherwise changed from original state from the Factory.
- *WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DAMAGES IN TRANSIT. IN SUCH CASES, THE RECEIVER SHOULD CONTACT THE FREIGHT CARRIER WITHIN IS DAYS OF DELIVERY TO FILE A CLAIM. IT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MANUFACTURER TO FILE THE CLAIM. IF ANY PARTS SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO FIX A FREIGHT DAMAGED UNIT, THE RECEIVER WILL BE BILLED ACCORDINGLY, THIS BILL CAN THEN BE TURNED OVER TO THE FREIGHT CARRIER.
USERS SHOULD CALL THEIR DISTRIBUTOR OR THE FACTORY UPON INSPECTION OF ANY PROBLEM. A TECHNICAL PERSON CAN ASSIST YOU.
This warranty grants the user certain legal rights. Users and purchasers may also be protected by other rights that vaiy with location.
Note: Except for the warranties set forth above, Cyclone makes no other warranties of any kind-express or implied. Including warranties of merchantability of Fitness of product for a particular purpose.
Replacement Parts List and Accessory Listing
|4056||Door Gasket (Spec. Model)|
|2004||Lid Gasket (Spec. Model)|
|2011||Plastic Glove Insert|
|2015||Pick Up Hose|
|2028||Door Handle Assembly|
|7000||20 CFM Complete Gun Assembly|
|7008||20 CFM Tungsten Carbide Nozzle|
|2031||Foot Pedal Assembly|
|7077||14 CFM Orifice|
|2040||Gas Assisted Spring |
|2013||3/S1' ID Air Hose|
|2048||Pack of 12 Mylar Sheets* (2 Shts Per unit)|
|7010||Nozzle Holder |
|7004||20 CFM Orifice|
|7011||14 CFM Ceramic Nozzle*|
|7080||14 CFM Tungsten Carbide Nozzle*|
* Items marked(*) are accessories and DO NOT COME STANDARD WITH THIS UNIT. They may be purchased separately.