How to Touch Up Chrome using the Eastwood Electroplating Touch-Up Brush (#10049B)
Ideal for Plating and Touch-up of Bolt Heads, Nuts, and Other Small Parts
Note: This brush can be used only with Eastwood’s Tin Zinc Electroplating System #10049Z. Please read and understand all instructions for the system before using the brush. Keep electrolyte solution off painted surfaces.
Connecting the Brush
- 1. Attach the Small Alligator Clip on the red wire (+) to metal handle of the Electroplating Brush.
- 2. Attach the large Copper Alligator Clip on the black wire (–) to the part to be plated.
Using the Brush
Note: There are no fixed times for plating. Experience and practice will guide you. Do not stroke the brush as if to paint the surface.
- 1. Dip the brush head into the electroplating solution.
Be careful to wet only the bristles.
- 2. Brush the part very slowly (for about 10 seconds).
- 3. Repeat as necessary until plating is the desired thickness.