How to Use Eastwood's Extreme Chassis Black
3X MORE DURABLE
than Original Chassis Black®
Maximum Solvent and
Average Coverage: 8 sq.
ft.DANGER - EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE
Contents Under Pressure.
May Cause Flash Fire. Eye and Skin Irritant.
See Other Cautions On Back Panel.
Net Wt. 14 oz. (397 g)
- Surface must be clean and dry before painting. Use Eastwood PRE Painting Prep (10041Z) to remove grease and oil. Can be used over bare metal or over primer. For increased adhesion and durability, prime clean, bare metal with Extreme Chassis Black™ Primer Aerosol (11193Z), prime firmly adhering rust with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator™ Black Aerosol (16060Z), wait 15 minutes to 36 hours (scuff surface beyond 36 hours with 320 grit) and topcoat with Extreme Chassis Black™. Do not use over self-etching primers. Test for compatibility if not using over Extreme Chassis Black™ Primer or Eastwood Rust Encapsulator™. For best results, use when can and surface are between 70° and 90°F (21° and 32°C), 50% or less humidity.
- - SHAKE CAN VIGOROUSLY for at least one minute before and occasionally during use. Spray surface with steady, even strokes at a distance of 8 to 10 inches. Light coats give a better finish than one heavy coat.
- - Apply enough paint to achieve full hiding. For fastest cure, apply a maximum of 2 coats primer and 2 coats Chassis Black. Allow 24 hours between coats.
- - If clogging develops, turn spray button 1/4 turn or remove and clean spray button slot. DO NOT stick objects into can opening.
- - Finished article should be allowed to dry 48-72 hours before use.
- - After painting, turn can upside down and spray for 2 seconds to clean spray button.
- - Do not incinerate or compact empty can.
n-Hexane 110-54-3, Liquefied Petroleum Gas 68476-85-7, Stoddard Solvent 8052-41-3, Xylene 1330-20-7, Acetone 67-64-1, t-Butyl Acetate 540-88-5, and Carbon Black 1333-86-4.
DANGER. VAPOR HARMFUL. MAY AFFECT THE BRAIN OR NERVOUS SYSTEM CAUSING DIZZINESS, HEADACHE, OR NAUSEA. CAUSES EYE, SKIN, NOSE, AND THROAT IRRITATION.
Do not puncture or incinerate (burn) container. Exposure to heat or prolonged exposure to sun may cause bursting. Do not store at temperatures above 120°F.
NOTICE: Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents may be harmful or fatal.
Vapors May Ignite Explosively. Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights and turn off stoves, heaters, electric
motors, and other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Prevent build-up of vapors by opening windows and doors to achieve cross-ventilation.
Use Only With Adequate Ventilation. Do not breathe dust, vapors, or spray mist. To avoid breathing vapors or spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH/ MSHA approved) or leave the area. Close container after each use. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing.
First Aid: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical attention immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN NON-FLAT PAINT PRODUCT DOES NOT EXCEED 1.4 MIR.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Only in the Event of a Chemical Emergency Involving A Spill, Leaks, Fire,
or Exposure Call Toll Free Day or Night: Chemtrec 1-800-424-9300
(International Call Collect: (202) 483-7616)