How to Use Eastwood's Extreme Chassis Black Primer
Formulated Specifically for
Extreme Chassis Black®
Improves Chip Resistance
Average Coverage: 8 sq. ft.
DANGER - EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE
Contents Under Pressure.
May Cause Flash Fire. Eye and Skin Irritant.
See Other Cautions On Back Panel.
Net Wt. 14 oz. (397 g)
Eastwood’s Extreme Chassis Black® Primer is a professional quality primer for use over bare steel. Designed specifically for use under Extreme Chassis Black® to assure maximum adhesion.
- Read all directions and warnings for safe and proper application.
- 1. Clean all surfaces thoroughly to ensure surface is free from all grease, oil, and any polysilicons. Eastwood’s PRE (#10041Z aerosol or #10194ZP Pre Painting Prep Quart) is recommended. Make sure that steel is free from rust. For best results use when can and surface are between 70° and 90° F (21° and 32° C), 50% or less humidity.
- 2. If making spot repairs, feather-edge by sanding original finish. Do not use Extreme Chassis Black™ Primer over new enamel.
- 3. Shake can for 2 full minutes after mixing ball moves freely. Use in a well ventilated area.
- 4. Apply by holding can 10 to 15 inches (25 to 30 cm) from surface. Spray two thin coats allowing 24 hours between coats. Opaque black color indicates full coverage has been achieved. Extreme Chassis Black® Primer can be top coated with Extreme or regular Chassis Black® after 24 hours.
- 5. When finished, invert can and spray for 2 seconds to clean spray button. Do not incinerate or compact empty can.
t-Butyl Acetate 540-88-5, Oxibismethane 115-10-6, Xylene 1330-20-7, PM Acetate 108-65-6, Liquefied Petroleum Gas 68476- 85-7, Butyl Cellosolve 111-76-2, Carbon Black 1333-86-4, Stoddard Solvent 8052-41-3, and Ethyl Benzene 100-41-4.
DANGER: CONTENTS EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE AND UNDER PRESSURE. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120°F. Exposure to heat or prolonged exposure to sun may cause bursting. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. Vapor harmful. Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes and prolonged or repeated contact with skin.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash with soap and water. If overcome by vapors, remove to fresh air. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting, contact physician immediately.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
PRIMER PRODUCT DOES NOT EXCEED 1.2 MIR.
This product contains chemicals known to the
State of California to cause cancer.
Only in the Event of a Chemical Emergency Involving A Spill, Leaks,
Fire, or Exposure Call Toll Free Day or Night: Chemtrec 1-800-424-9300
(International Call Collect: (202) 483-7616)