Large Capacity English Wheel
PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING OPERATING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
- Always wear eye protection while operating the English Wheel.
- Avoid placing fingers between wheel and metal being worked as pinching could occur.
- Make sure that the frame is securely mounted to the work surface.
- Wear gloves while handling sheet metal to prevent cuts and scrapes.
- Raise or lower the Anvil Yoke until the metal you wish to shape is contacted, but not too tight that it is diffi cult to move. It is better to roll something 50 times with a looser fi t than 5 times with a tight fi t because you can pinch the metal and cause creasing which will ruin your piece.
- The 4 Lock Screws may be threaded in to hold The Anvil Yoke in place once desired pressure is achieved. Practice will demonstrate how varying the pressure affects performance of the tool and the curving of the metal.
- Pull the metal down over the anvil as you are rolling. Move the metal forward and back in an “X” or “W” pattern to avoid over working an area.
- Once the metal is bent it is diffi cult to un-bend it so work slowly and double check your work often.
The more metal is shaped, the harder it becomes.