Summary of Expertise:
Robidoux is a Product Manager, Product Inventor and Developer of numerous new or improved automotive products used for maintaining, repairing and restoring cars and trucks. During his nearly 30 years of automotive experience, Robidoux has won numerous awards and has nearly a dozen patents, along with multiple U.S. provisional patent pending applications.
Robidoux’s latest development is the 100% new Eastwood MaxxPower Engine Accessories line including ignition distributors, starters and alternator for classics and muscle cars. While at Eastwood, Robidoux has developed numerous other products including the new Eastwood Dual Blaster, hand and pneumatic Fender Formers and the new Dual Voltage Powder Coat system.
Previously, in his role in R&D at Eastwood, he developed and brought to market 15 new aerosol coatings, the original HotCoat powder coat system, Rust Encapsulator, metal blackening system, metal wash, Infrared Cure lamps for powder, No-weld panel repair kits along with adding the Auto-ray diagnostic systems. Additionally, while at Eastwood, he brought in a line of paint guns, media tumblers, professional spot weld cutters and numerous other products.
Additional Professional Automotive Experience:
Classic Car Restoration Projects: “Hands-On” Automotive Repair and Restoration Experience:
- Extensive sheet metal and fabrication experience with quarters, floor and trunk panel replacement experience
- Proficient in stitch welding door skin edges, to make gaps symmetrical without any filler
- Custom fabrication of brackets for power steering, alternators, AC compressors, etc
- Machining one-off aluminum pulley sets, air cleaner lids and oil pan baffles
- Proficient in welding steel, 4130 chromoly and stainless tubing
- Hydraulic/Pneumatic/Electrical/Mechanical system design/troubleshooting and repair experience
- Designed MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) test bench apparatus to aid in validation testing of manufacturing line - Worked with K&N Filters also on design specs.
- Rebuilt 6 small block Chevy’s, 2 Pontiac 400’s and a 302 Ford with all work (excluding cylinder boring and crank turning) in-house including valve grinding, porting, chamfering all holes and blueprinting using Mitutoyo equipment.
- Full Restorations: 1973 Yamaha RD350, 1968 Camaro hardtop, 1968 Camaro convertible, 1967 Firebird convertible
- Partial Restorations: 1976 Corvette, 1967 Chevelle, 1968 Chevelle, 1982 Corvette, 1973 Corvette, 1967 GTO, Factory Five Cobra replica, Current Project: 1979 Mustang
SEMA Automotive show ‘Best New Product’ Award, U.S. Governors Award for Environmental Excellence, ARMO New Product Award, R&D Award for Pneumatics
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FLB.S. Degree: Management/Engineering
Associate Degree: Technical Sciences/Engineering
Federal Aviation Agency: Airframe and Power plant License
United Inventors Association – Member since 1999
- Late model OBDI and OBDII troubleshooting/repair experience
- Home shop equipped with two Migs, plasma cutter, small mill/lathe, 20 tone press, brakes, shears, 14” cut-off and chop saws, abrasive blast cabinet, pressure blasters, powder coating
system and oven, tube/pipe forming equipment, numerous power and air tools and hand tools from MAC and Snap-On
- Personal equipment to build working prototypes, restore vehicles and maintain almost anything mechanical
- Hobbies include anything automotive/mechanical, model rocketry and fishing.