- OBD I and II with Live Data Code Reader
Scan Tool Can OBD2&1® Kit with Live Data Code Reader: the easiest, most accurate way to troubleshoot OBD2 and OBD1 vehicles! Code reader will show you specifically "what's gone wrong" on most import and domestic vehicles, using either the OBD1 or OBD2 (On-Board Diagnostics) system, depending on car's model year.
- Retrieves OEM Enhanced and Transmission diagnostic codes in all OBD2 (1996 and newer), and some of the most popular OBD1 (1981 to 1995), vehicles
- All-in-one backlit screen and LED display allow quick State Emissions readiness check and drive-cycle verification
- Can be flash-updated with your Windows® PC (required OBD-PC Link™ software is included)
- Memory / Battery backup for off-car review and analysis
- Includes access to CanOBD2.com "RepairSolutions", which gives trouble code definitions, a full diagnostic report, probable causes, most likely fix to DTCs, repair costs and more
There are no upsell products available.
See this product in action!
About OBD I and II with Live Data Code Reader
When the vehicle’s on-board computer detects a failure in an emissions-related component or system, the computer’s internal diagnostic program assigns a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) that points to the system (and subsystem) where the fault was found. The diagnostic program saves the code in the computer’s memory. It records a “Freeze Frame” of conditions present when the fault was found, and lights the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL). Some faults require detection for two trips in a row before the MIL is turned on.
Captures both intermittent and hard codes and displays all on one screen. Very user friendly: simply select the appropriate connector, plug into vehicle’s test connector and press scan. The unit will scan the vehicle for trouble codes and clearly decipher trouble codes and display on screen.
- Retrieves OEM Enhanced and Transmission DTCs
- Communicates with all OBD2 protocols: C.A.N. (Controller Area Network), ISO 9141, J1850PWM, J1850VPW, KWP 2000 ISO 14230-4
- Provides SAE-enhanced OBD2 Live Data - views, records and plays back live PCM data streams (requires included PC software)
- Displays Freeze Frame Data
- Includes Spanish and French Interface & Definitions (selected by a menu command)
- Retrieves OBD2 DTCs: Generic Codes (P0, P2, P3, and U0) / Manufacturer Specific Codes (P1, P3 and U1)
- General Motors – 1982 to 1993 and some 1994 to 1995 models
- Ford, Lincoln, Mercury – 1983 to 1995 models with EEC-IV Systems
- Performs: KOEO, KOER, Timing Check, Cylinder Balance Test, Output State Test, Wiggle Test
- Toyota / Lexus – 1991 to 1995
- Chrysler / Dodge / Plymouth – 1984 to 1995
- Jeep – 1993 to 1995
Code Reader includes instruction manual, 3 AA batteries and interface cables