- Rust Encapsulator Silver aerosol
Rust Encapsulator Silver aerosol
- Twice the corrosion resistance of our original formula for greater durability (tested to 500 hours in a salt-spray chamber)
- Epoxy-fortified for better adhesion and topcoat compatibility
- Penetrates deeper to prevent rust from spreading or forming, even in hard-to-reach areas
- Cures faster, and the low-VOC formula is acceptable in California
- 15-oz. aerosol covers about 10 sq. ft.
- As seen on "My Classic Car" TV show
About Rust Encapsulator Silver aerosol
Low 3-5% gloss Silver Rust Encapsulator. As easy to apply and as durable as our popular Red and Black. Perfect under metallic and gray finishes.
Use a wire brush to remove loose rust, scale and paint, and remove dust, grease and oil deposits. Feather surrounding paint with 220-grit sandpaper. Shake can for at least 2 minutes once the mixing ball starts to rattle. Hold the Rust Encapsulator can 10-12" above surface as you spray. A single coat dries to the touch in 20 minutes, and is thoroughly dry in 3-4 hours at 68 degreesF. For greater durability, a second coat can be applied 1 hour after the first. Allow 6-8 hours after the last coat before applying topcoat. Use over or under body fillers.
In places where little or no surface prep can be done, our 16017ZP Heavy-Duty Anti-Rust (Qt.) is actually a better choice for applying into blind areas such as box sections.
(Q) Can Rust Encapsulator be applied with the Undercoating System?
(A) Technically, yes, but this application isn't recommended because Rust Encapsulator requires surface to be free of grease, oil, and loose rust. The best product to coat inside box sections is the 16017ZP Heavy-Duty Anti-Rust (Qt.). This waxy, oily product flows into pinch welds and through rust to seal surfaces from contact with moisture and air, but cannot be painted over, so it's only suitable for inside box sections that don't show. Use lacquer thinner for cleanup.
Work in a well-ventilated area when applying this product. The use of a respirator is recommended. Shake vigorously for 2 minutes before spraying.
QUANTITY DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR THIS ITEM
Customers also viewed:
Removes silicone, wax, polish, grease; promotes paint/powder adhesion