ATK HP74 Chevy 350 Vortec Engine, or Stage 1 Engine, is designed for those that may have their own component parts already and who also are interested in completing out the build themselves. A GM base engine typically consists of the following: Short Block, Camshaft, Timing set, Cylinder heads, Valve covers, Timing cover, oil pan, oil pump & pick up tube.
- HP: 315
- TQ: 400
- Block: OE roller block 4 bolt main 1pc seal 1996-2000
- Bore/Stroke: 4.040” x 3.480”
- Displacement: 350CI
- Crankshaft: OE Reground external balance rear of crank/internal balance front of the crank
- Rods: OE powder metal 5.7”
- Pistons: Hypereutectic 9.3:1 compression
- Rings: Moly
- Camshaft: Hyd. roller
- Cam Specs: 198/210 @50 .435in/.462ex 114LSA
- Timing Chain: Single roller
- Cylinder Heads: Vortec cast iron 64cc 1.94/1.50
- Rocker Arms: Stamped steel 1.5 ratio
- Oil Pan: Rear sump 5qt (not for Chevelles with steering behind crossmember, some corvettes and 62-67 chevy II’s)
- Oil Pump: Melling STD volume
This engine is an upgrade for 1996-2000 Chevy trucks or SUVs the ECM must be tuned and headers are need to get the full potential out of this engine. We test this engine with an aftermarket EFI system on an engine dyno, power ratings may vary. Your engine may not necessarily come with all components listed, but they are listed as our recommendations of parts to run for optimal performance.
ATK specializes in muscle. With the highest quality internal parts and Dyno Proven combinations of every engine built, ATK is able to add the most bang for your buck and back it up with an industry leading warranty.
(1) ATK HP74 Chevy 350 Vortec 96-00 Truck Base Engine 315HP
• Oil: Conventional / Non Synthetic 10W30
• Oil Filter: Wix or K&N
• Timing: 34-36 Degrees
• Tuning: ECM MUST BE TUNED TO RUN PROPERLY. WITHOUT DOING SO THE ENGINE CAN BE DAMAGED.
• Spark Plug Gap: .035”
• Firing Order: 18436572
• Octane: 91+
• Stall Converter: Stock
• Exhaust: 1 5/8 Headers
• Weight: 350
Disclaimer: The parts listed are ATK’s recommendations of parts to be used to obtain our power figures listed. Power figures can vary based on parts used by the end user. It is the customer’s responsibility to verify components will work in their application. Some modifications to the vehicle may be required using these and or other aftermarket parts. . ATK reserves the right to substitute parts used in engines if necessary.
• Balancer: Internally balanced – PowerBond 8” #PB1487-N • Flexplate/Flywheel: Externally balanced – Pioneer #FRA-159 168 tooth • Intake Manifold: Stock • Distributor: Stock (Iron Gear) • Water Pump: Stock • Fuel Pump: Stock • Spark Plugs: Autolite #605 • Spark Plug Wires: Stock
Shipping Instructions and Core Information
Shipping is free and lift gate will be provided.
There is no core charge for this engine. You will not be required to send a core back to the manufacturer.
Eastwood Offers Free Lifetime Technical Support
Attention California Residents - Proposition 65
WARNING - Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov