Ford ATK Base Engines or Stage 1 Engine, is designed for those that may have their own component parts already and who also are interested in completing out the build themselves. A Ford base engine typically consists of the following: Short Block, Camshaft, Timing set, Cylinder heads, Valve covers, Timing cover, oil pan, oil pump & pick up tube.
- Horsepower: 300
- Torque: 336 lb/ft
- Block: Seasoned OE Roller Block
- Bore/Stroke: 4.040 x 3.000
- Displacement: 302 C.I.D.
- Crankshaft: OE Ford Cast 3.000" Stroke 1 Piece Seal Externally Balanced 50oz.
- Connecting Rods: OE Steel Rod 5.090" Stock Bolts
- Pistons: Hypereutectic
- Piston Rings: Moly Rings
- Compression Ratio: 9.1:1 Compression
- Camshaft: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft Specifications: 219/219 @050 .498in/.498ex 112LSA
- Camshaft Bearings: Installed & Clocked to OEM Position
- Cylinder Heads: OE E5TE/E7TE 62cc 1.77/1.46
- Freeze Plugs: Brass Installed & Sealed
- Rocker Arms: Stamped Steel 1.6 Ratio
- Oil Galley Plugs: Installed & Sealed
- Oil Pan: OE 5qt. Front Sump
- Weight: 400
ATK specializes in muscle. With the highest quality internal parts and Dyno Proven combinations of every engine built, ATK is able to add the most bang for your buck and back it up with an industry leading warranty.
(1) ATK HP79 Ford 302 Base Engine 300HP
• Oil: Conventional / Non Synthetic 10W30
• Oil Filter: Wix or K&N
• Timing: 34-36 Degrees with vacuum port plugged on carburetor
• Spark Plug Gap: .035”
• Firing Order: 13726548
• Octane: 91+
• Stall Converter: Stock
• Exhaust: 1 5/8 Headers
• Balancer: External balance 50oz
• Flexplate/Flywheel: External balance 50oz
• Intake Manifold: Weiand dual plane #8020
• Distributor: Pro billet RTR (Iron gear) or factory
• Water Pump: Early RH inlet standard rotation
• Carburetor: Edelbrock 650CFM #1806
• Fuel Pump: Holley mechanical 110GPH #12-289-11 or factory electric if installed in 1987-1995 mustang.
• Spark Plugs: Autolite #24
• Spark Plug Wires: 8mm
>b>Disclaimer: The parts listed are ATK’s recommendations of parts to be used to obtain our power figures listed. Power figures can vary based on parts used by the end user. It is the customer’s responsibility to verify components will work for their application. Some modifications to the vehicle may be required using these and or other aftermarket parts. ATK reserves the right to substitute parts used in engines if necessary.
SHIPPING AND CORE INSTRUCTIONS
Shipping is free and lift gate will be provided.
You will receive warranty information and how to return the core in the mail direct from ATK separate from the delivery of the engine.
Core Pickup Request
Eastwood Offers Free Lifetime Technical Support
Attention California Residents - Proposition 65
WARNING - Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov