This short block is great for replacing a tired 350, or for getting more torque out of your hot rod. Your engine may not necessarily come with all components listed, but they are listed as our recommendations of parts to run for optimal performance.
- Block: OE roller block 4 bolt main 1pc seal 1996-2000
- Bore/Stroke: 4.040” x 3.750”
- Displacement: 383CI
- Crankshaft: Scat nodular iron external balance rear of the crank/internal balance front of the crank
- Rods: Scat 4340 forged I beam with ARP 8740 bolts
- Pistons: Hypereutectic -18cc dished
- Compression Ratios: 58cc = 10.3:1 / 64cc = 9.7:1 / 70cc=9.1:1 (can vary due to deck height/gasket thickness)
- Rings: Plasmamoly
- Camshaft Bearings: Dura-Bond, installed and clocked to OEM position
- Freeze Plugs: Brass, installed and sealed
- Oil Galley Plugs: Installed and sealed
- Flexplate/Flywheel: External balance 168 tooth (with Scat kit)
Every great build needs a solid foundation! For that reason, we take the hard work out of the picture by selling short blocks that are ready for you to complete yourself. Our GM Short Blocks are most commonly packaged as the engine block assembled with Pistons, Piston Rings and Crankshaft installed.
ATK specializes in muscle. With the highest quality internal parts and Dyno Proven combinations of every engine built, ATK is able to add the most bang for your buck and back it up with an industry leading warranty.
(1) ATK SP15 Chevy 383CI Stroker Short Block -18cc Dish Piston 1 Piece Seal
• Oil: 10W30 Non synthetic for first 3000 miles
• Oil Filter: Wix or K&N per application
• Weight: 285 lbs.
• Balancer: Internal balance
• Head Gasket: .038” or per application
Shipping Instructions and Core Information
Shipping is free and lift gate will be provided.
There is no core charge for this engine. You will not be required to send a core back to the manufacturer.
Eastwood Offers Free Lifetime Technical Support
Attention California Residents - Proposition 65
WARNING - Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov