- Chemical Guys Cyclone Dirt Trap Car Wash Bucket Insert DIRTTRAP01
Chemical Guys Cyclone Dirt Trap Car Wash Bucket Insert DIRTTRAP01
Item #16229 Brand: Chemical Guys
The Cyclone Dirt Trap bucket insert sits at the bottom of your bucket while you wash filtering water non-stop. It's the filter that never stops. The cyclone Dirt Trap help eliminates wash swirls and scratches with Cyclone Dirt-Trap Filtration Technology.
- Helps keep your wash water clean while you wash
- Helps protect vehicle's delicate finishes
- It belongs in your bucket
- Traps dirt at the bottom of bucket, filtering fresh water to the top
- Reduces swirls and scratches caused by improper washing
- Fits snugly at bottom of bucket for maximum dirt capture and scratch-reduction effects
- Stackable protection: stack in line or rotated 90° to enhance dirt cyclone and filter action
- Perfect for 3 gallon, 4 gallon, 5 gallon, 6 gallon, and 7 gallon wash buckets
- Dirt Trap Cyclones funnel and separate dirt away from wash water
- Cleans mitts, brushes, towels and other washing utensils
- Cyclone Scrub Ridge around every funnel agitates dirt from wash mitt and directs it directly through funnel
- Cleaner wash water reduces chances of scratching sensitive paintwork during a wash
- Geometric Filtering System strikes the perfect balance of funnel size, placement, and volume to maximize filtering effect
- Tailored for perfect fit and superior filtration in any car wash bucket
- No moving parts; No disposable filters; No maintenance
- Fits snugly in any standard 12’’ diameter bucket
The round wash screen separates abrasive dirt and silt from clean and soapy wash water with scores of cyclonic dirt funnels. Separating dirt from clean and soapy water keeps abrasive debris off the wash mitt, and therefore off the paintwork for a scratch-less car wash. Traditional wash baffles use large vertical screens or disposable mesh filters in an attempt to separate dirt from water, which always ends up cloudy with loose contamination and abrasive filth. These designs are defeated by the mere act of dunking the mitt into the bucket, which pushes and pulls water and dirt straight through the vertical openings of the poorly-designed screens. The cyclone funnels of the Dirt Trap separate dirt through centripetal force and push it through tiny holes underneath the wash screen. The dirt remains trapped underneath the funnels and cannot easily flow back up through the tips once the mitt is pulled out from the water. The one way Cyclone Filtration system is a passive filter that never needs replacing and does not rely on moving parts, no disposable filters, and requires no maintenance or energy to set up, use, or store.
How It Works: Cyclone Dirt Trap Technology
Dirt Trap Cyclones funnel and separate dirt away from wash water. The Dirt Trap car wash guard uses nearly 300 cyclone funnels to separate abrasive dirt and debris from car wash water. Keeping the dirt already washed away from the car reduces the chances of installing swirls and scratches caused by scrubbing with abrasive dirt. Traditional car wash strainers use large open screens and vertical fins in an attempt to hold dirt at the bottom of a wash bucket. However, the mere act of dunking the dirty wash mitt in and out of the bucket pushes and pulls any dirt and debris straight up through the screen and back into the clean water. This traps the dirt already washed off the car in the mitt, and causes abrasive scratching action on the next cleaning pass. The small funnels of the Dirt Trap create cyclonic flow down through the tiny tip of each funnel, spinning heavier dirt particles out of the water through intense centripetal force. The textured underside and small holes of the screen act as a one-way valve: dirt is pushed through the funnels with cyclonic force, but it gets trapped underneath the guard and cannot easily flow back up into the water when the wash mitt is withdrawn. Use the Dirt Trap in each wash and rinse bucket to minimize the chances of scratching and swirling paintwork during any car wash or full detail.
Advanced Geometric Filtering System
297 geometrically-positioned dirt trap cyclones deliver optimal filtration. Maximizing dirt capture and water flow in a wash bucket takes a great deal of engineering. Place too many holes, and the cones become too small to let any dirt particles through. Install too few cones, and the holes end up being big enough to allow particles to flow back up into the clean wash water. The Dirt Trap’s unique Geometric Filtering System strikes the perfect balance between cone size, dirt aperture diameter, funnel pitch, and strategic placement for maximum particle capture. The Dirt Trap is the future of car wash bucket filter technology, and will save car owners from installing billions of tiny swirls and scratches with every car wash.
Uni-Directional Filtration: Keeps Dirt Trapped Under The Filter And Off Your Car
Uni-Directional Filtration keeps dirt trapped under the Dirt Trap Cyclones to reduce scratches, swirls, and paint damage caused during washing. Old world wash screens allow water and dirt to flow through vertically. Whenever a mitt is dunked into the bucket, the downward force pushes water and dirt down past the screen, but it also pushes any settled dirt back up straight into the cleaner water of the bucket. The textured underside and small holes of the Dirt Trap screen act as a one-way valve: dirt is pushed through the cyclone funnels and is trapped underneath the guard where it cannot flow back into the clean water. The Uni-Directional Filtration of the Dirt Trap keeps dirt away from cleaner wash water and off the wash mitt to drastically reduce the chances of installing swirls and scratches on any vehicle during a wash.
(1) Cyclone Dirt Trap Car Wash Bucket Insert - Black
How To Use:
1. Use the two bucket method to reduce swirls and scratches with every car wash
2. Fill each bucket with 4 - 5 gallons of clean water
3. Press the Dirt Trap firmly into the bucket until it sits flush and snugly at the bottom
4. Add 1 - 3 ounces of your favorite Chemical Guys car wash soap in the wash bucket
5. Rinse car well to remove large particles and loose debris
6. Dunk car wash mitt into the soap solution bucket, then wash the vehicle top to bottom one panel at a time
7. Dunk the dirty mitt in the rinse bucket and scrub directly onto the Cyclone Scrub Ridges to agitate dirt from the mitt
8. Wring mitt out on the ground to flush out any loose dirt
9. Dunk mitt back in soap bucket and continue to wash car
10. Rinse off both sides of Dirt Trap and store in cool dry place between uses
Always wear all recommended personal safety gear from the manufactures instructions anytime when using this product.
Click here to see safety products
Questions & Answers