- Thoroughly clean and dry metal surfaces before applying Metal-Protect.
- Hold can approximately 8” from surface to be coated. Apply 2-3 light coats waiting 5 minutes
between each coat. Do not saturate surface – a light mist is all that is needed.
- Allow Metal-Protect to dry for at least 15-20 minutes before moving parts. Metal-Protect is
self-leveling and movement could alter the leveling process. Full cure will occur in 45-60 minutes,
depending on conditions.
- Apply only to metal surfaces, if you apply to unintended areas; clean up immediately with a dry
IMPORTANT: To prevent clogging, after each use, invert the can and spray a few short blasts
to clear the valve.
CONTAINS: Hexamethyldisiloxane (CAS# 107-46-0), Propane (CAS# 74-98-6), n-propoxypropanol (CAS# 1569-01-3), Petroleum Distillates (8052-41-3), Isobutane (CAS# 75-28-5), Resin (CAS# Proprietary), Acetone (CAS# 67-64-1), Isopropanol (CAS# 67-63-0) and Aromatic Naptha (CAS# 64742-95-6). Vapor harmful. May affect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache or nausea. Cause eye, skin, and nose and throat irritation. Harmful if swallowed.
CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE. Do not puncture or incinerate (burn) container. Exposure to heat or prolonged exposure to sun may cause bursting.
Do not expose to heat or store at temperatures above 120 °F.
NOTICE: Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents may be harmful or fatal.
Vapors may ignite explosively. Keep away form heat, sparks and flame.
Do not smoke. Extinguish all flame and pilot lights and turn off stoves, heaters, electric motors and other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Prevent build-up of vapors by opening all windows and doors to achieve cross-ventilation.
Use only with adequate ventilation. Do not breathe vapors; spray mist, or over spray. Ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness or if air monitoring demonstrates vapor/mist levels are above applicable limits, wear an appropriate, properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) during and after application. Follow respirator manufacturer’s directions for respirator use. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing.
FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with
soap and water. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting.
Get medical attention immediately.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
VOC CONTENT: Complies with CARB/EPA MIR 1.5 for Clear Coatings.
EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE LIQUID AND VAPOR.
VAPOR MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRE. VAPOR HARMFUL.
Read other cautions on back panel.
Net wt. 14 oz. / 397 grams 12499 Z
Only in the event of a chemical emergency involving a spill, leaks, fire, or exposure call Chemtrec toll-free day or night: 1-800-424-9300 International call collect: (202) 483-7616