- Engine Porting Kit
Is this kit compatible with a dremel 200 series?
can engine porting kit 46056 be used with a 3/8 electric drill
Engine Porting Kit
Engine Porting Kit
Item #46056 Brand: Eastwood
to generate more HP and torque
- Increase horse power and torque on any engine
- Industrial Aluminum Oxide sanding rolls, designed for both cast iron and aluminum cyl. heads
- Highest quality components on the market today
- Detailed inst. allow you to port both heads in an evening
- Developed to work with air or electric 1/4" collet die grinders
- Lowest cost "complete" professional level kit available
- Click the video below to see just how easy cylinder head porting is
- A must for any performance engine build
About Engine Porting Kit
Internal combustion engines are sophisticated air pumps that pull in an air/fuel mixture, compress it, ignite it, react to the ignition and expel the exhaust fumes. The better an engine pumps air, the more efficiently it will operate. This is one reason why we've seen a turn to multi-valve engines in recent years. More valves means more air moving through the engine. More air means greater engine efficiency – both more power and better fuel economy.
When you "port" an engine, you remove imperfections and restrictions between the combustion chamber and intake manifold and, therefore, increase air flow. This is done by 1) "smoothing" (or, grinding) the passages in the intake manifold so that they are the same size as the gasket and cylinder head, and 2) removing "rough cast" or "flash" imperfections in the cylinder heads and exhaust manifolds.
For best results use a high-speed grinder. To remove more aggressively, use carbide burrs.
Forty 80-grit Abrasive Rolls (20 tapered and 20 cylindrical)
4 Mandrels (2 each: 4" and 6" lengths)
Questions & Answers
Customers also viewed:
6" reach works deep into cylinder heads, other cast iron and steel partsOnly $54.99
Precise metal removal when shaping, leveling, or porting ferrous metalsOnly $54.99
Precise metal removal when shaping, leveling, or porting ferrous metalsOnly $49.99