· Constructed from sturdy 2" steel tubing. · 22" throat depth. · 4-position anvil height adjusts in 0.080" increments · 3 anvil heads included from flat to high crown. · Plug on top allows frame to be filled with sand for quieter running. · Uses standard 4x pneumatic aircraft rivet gun. · 8 ½' hose to foot pedal control. · Portable and easy to set up.
Planishing Hammer, like most metal working tools, improves with operator experience. For this reason, it is suggested to practice on clean scrap metal before working on your project. Please read and understand the entire instruction book before operating your Planishing Hammer.
1. Carefully unpack Planishing Hammer kit and check your parts.
(A) Hammer Head (B) Head spring (C) Air Hammer (D) Pedal (E) Three anvils are included with the kit; flat, medium and high crown. (F) Frame pull plug (G) Support shaft (H) Spring (I) Anvil height adjuster set screw (J) Stepped anvil height adjuster (K) Securing pin.
2. The frame can be filled with sand for quieter operation. Use a funnel to pour sand through the hole in the top of the frame as indicated in the picture. Use the plastic pull plug (Part F) to plug hole.
3. Securely mount the Planishing Hammer frame at a comfortable height to work with.
4. Insert Air Hammer (Part C) into top mounting bracket. You may have to open the set screw on the side enough to allow the hammer to drop into position. Set the spring (Part H) in the socket on the top of the frame so that the hammer's trigger is pushed up at all times while the hammer is mounted against the frame. Tighten the set screw to hold the assembly in place.
5. Thread the hammer spring (B) onto the air hammer until it is flush with the bottom of the mount.
6. Insert Hammer Head (A) into Air Hammer and push upwards until the clip at the bottom end of the spring snaps into place, securing the head.
7. Set the Anvil height adjuster (J) on the bottom mount and align the holes. Open the set screw on the side so that the support shaft (G) can be fed through the bottom using the set screw as an alignment guide.
8. Set the desired Anvil Head (E) on the support shaft (G) before securing the shaft in place.
9. Feed the Securing pin (K) through frame and the support shaft (G) to keep it from rotating.
10. Use the long set screw (I) to hold the height adjuster in place while the unit is in operation.
11. Your Eastwood Planishing Hammer is now ready for use. Please read and follow the operating instructions.
PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING SAFTEY PRECAUTIONS:
· Always wear eye and ear protection while operating the Planishing Hammer. The Hammer generates a substantial amount of noise and users should wear effective hearing protection to prevent hearing loss. Effective eye protection is necessary because oils, grease and other fluids can be projected at a high velocity while the unit is in operation. · Make sure that the frame is securely mounted to the work surface. · Wear gloves while handling sheet metal to prevent cuts and scrapes. · Do not leave Planishing Hammer unattended while attached to compressed air supply.
To get $10 OFF your order!