Eastwood Original High Gloss Black Chassis Paint
- 90-Day Returns
- Technical Support
- 90 day Warranty
Eastwood Service Plan
Eastwood’s Original Chassis Black Gloss is the perfect coating at the perfect price for any under car component.
- Resists corrosion, chips and scratches
- Resists brake fluid, fuel, solvents, UV
- Matches OEM finish
- Apply multiple coats without lifting
- 85% + Gloss Level
- 10000Z: 14-oz. Aerosol provides 8-sq. ft. coverage
- 10354ZP: Quart provides 40-sq. ft. coverage
- 33995ZP: Gallon provides 160-sq. ft. coverage
The 85% gloss finish creates a custom look with superior protection on suspension parts and frame. Tough, long-lasting formula resists chips and corrosion, so it's ideal for the value-conscious enthusiast who wants a factory-fresh look while staying within a budget.
For factory restorations and custom projects, this Eastwood frame paint is the original DIY solution. It matches the OEM finish of many vehicles with an 85% gloss finish that’s high on shine. Eastwood Chassis Black Original Gloss isn’t just for looks, either. It resists corrosion, scratches, auto fluids, UV rays, high temperatures and anything else that might otherwise damage the metal. That’s because we fortify the paint with epoxy to give it strength and durability.
Use Eastwood Chassis Black to make the undercarriage look just like new. We sell this automotive frame paint in quarts and gallons that can be rolled, brushed or sprayed, or in a 14-oz. aerosol spray can. Coat everything from springs to brake rotors for a show-worthy result. It can be applied over bare metal, Eastwood Rust Encapsulator and Eastwood Chassis Black Primer. If you prefer a more subdued look, consider Eastwood Chassis Black Satin Finish. Do the Job Right on your underbody with the right coatings and know-how from DIY experts.
Note: This paint can not be applied over top of self-etching primers.
Chassis Black Gloss applies smoothly over bare metal, Eastwood Rust Encapsulator, or Eastwood Chassis Black Primer. (Not for use over self-etching primers.) High-solids content, pre-thinned to sprayable consistency. Withstands temperatures up to 300°F. 30-day Eastwood warranty.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
1. Ensure surface is clean and free of debris, greases and oils. Use Eastwood’s Chassis Kleen™ and/or PRE™ to remove stubborn grime and prepare the surface for painting.
2. Chassis Black can be applied over bare metal or old paint. To ensure good adhesion, scuff the old paint with 320-grit abrasive. For the best adhesion apply Eastwood’s Extreme Chassis Black Primer prior to painting. DO NOT USE OVER SELF-ETCHING PRIMERS. Test compatibility on a non-descript area before painting.
3. SHAKE CAN VIGOROUSLY FOR AT LEAST ONE MINUTE. Apply to surface with steady strokes about 8-10 inches from surface. It’s better to apply several light coats than one heavy coat. Ideal conditions are 70°F to 90°F at 50% (or less) humidity. Conditions will affect dry times.
4. Apply several light coats until hiding is achieved. Allow at 15-20 minutes between each coat. Full cure time is 24-36 hours, depending on conditions. If re-coating after 36 hours, scuff surface with 320-grit abrasive.
Questions & Answers