Best Heat & Sound Damping Material
Eliminate road noise, floor pan vibration and exhaust heat from your vehicle! XMAT® creates the ultimate in acoustic and thermal protection for your muscle car, street rod, boat or RV. This multi-layer insulation includes an aluminum facing surface and high-tack butyl rubber membrane that block out unwanted noise and heat. Reduce noise by up to 19 decibels and interior temperatures by up to 30 degrees so you can focus on enjoying your ride. Because of its design, X-MAT can be used as door panel insulation, trunk sound blockers, exhaust sound deadening material and even hood insulation for automotive use. This package includes nine 18-inch by 31-inch mats, giving you nearly 35 square feet of coverage for your car. The sheets can also be cut and formed to be an exact fit for your vehicle.
Great Performance & Value
In the sound deadening showdown, it's no contest. Lab testing has shown that Eastwood's butyl sound deadener offers equivalent performance to other name-brand products while costing significantly less. While sound deadening material comes standard in modern cars, many restorers also add it to older vehicles so they can enjoy present-day comfort while retaining that classic look. You may also need it as part of body repair or an aftermarket upgrade. Whatever your reason for needing it, X-MAT offers a low-profile heat and sound reduction barrier to block out natural rattles, vibrations and warmth. See our product videos and reviews to learn more!
- All-purpose X-Mat with three layers offering excellent temperature and sound reduction.
- Butyl rubber membrane absorbs road and driveline noise while high-performance aluminum facing reduces engine and exhaust heat.
- Easily cut and installed under carpets, inside doors, and around speaker boxes and firewalls so you can enjoy your ride in greater comfort.
- Conforms effortlessly to complex interior contours of floors, door and side panels.
- Withstands temperatures up to 350 degrees. Reduces heat as much as 30 degrees and sound by as much as 19dB.
- 9 sheets included
- Covers 34.8 square feet
Weight per sq. ft. is 12.8 oz.
|Mat Size:||18" x 31" x 1/16"|
|Temp Reduction Up To:||30ºF (23%)|
|dB Reduction Up To:||19 (22%)|
|Best Applications:||Under Carpet, Door Panels, Trunk, Stereo Enclosures, Under Dash, Inner Firewall|
Features and Benefits
Click here to see safety products
Eastwood Offers Free Lifetime Technical Support
Attention California Residents - Proposition 65
WARNING - Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov