- Eastwood Gloss Chassis Black Aerosol Case of 12
Eastwood Gloss Chassis Black Aerosol Case of 12
Item #EW10000Z Brand: Eastwood
About Eastwood Gloss Chassis Black Aerosol Case of 12
Gloss Chassis Black produces an 85% Gloss for a custom look with superior protection. It is a specially formulated coating that resists chips, corrosion & temperatures up to 300 degrees F; covers 8 sq. ft. (up to 4 times faster than similar sized aerosols), average sized car uses just 3 to 5 cans for the entire chassis! Works great over bare metal or Eastwood Rust Encapsulator, or Eastwood Chassis Black Primer.
Eastwood’s Original Chassis Black is formulated to provide you with the right sheen, durability and long lasting great looks. Its 85% gloss level is correct for many factory restorations or use in a custom application. Ideal for frames, suspension components, roll bars, differentials, floor boards and much more. Fortified with high solids and epoxy, Chassis Black resists chips, UV rays and high temperatures up to 300°F. One aerosol can covers approximately 8 square feet.
- *Perfect for a factory or custom finish
- *Fortified with epoxy for durability
- *Resists temperatures up to 300°F
- *One can cover approximately 8 Sq. Ft
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
1. Ensure surface is clean and free of debris, greases and oils. Use Eastwood’s Chassis Kleen™ and/or PRE™ to remove stubborn grime and prepare the surface for painting.
2. Chassis Black can be applied over bare metal or old paint. To ensure good adhesion, scuff the old paint with 320 grit abrasive. For the best adhesion apply Eastwood’s Extreme Chassis Black Primer prior to painting. DO NOT USE OVER SELF-ETCHING PRIMERS. Test compatibility on a non-descript area before painting.
3. SHAKE CAN VIGOROUSLY FOR AT LEAST ONE MINUTE. Apply to surface with steady strokes about 8-10 inches from surface. It’s better to apply several light coats than one heavy coat. Ideal conditions are 70°F to 90F° at 50% (or less) humidity. Conditions will affect dry times.
4. Apply several light coats until hiding is achieved. Allow at 15-20 minutes between each coat. Full cure time is 24-36 hours depending on conditions. If re-coating after 36 hours, scuff surface with 320 grit abrasive.