ATK Chevy 489/496 Stroker Short Block +20cc Dome SP98 Engine
- 90-Day Returns
- Technical Support
Create your race or street engine with this ATK SP98 Chevy 489/496 Stroker Short Block. It is assembled with Scat crankshaft and connecting rods to offer rock-solid bottom end to your build. Freeze plugs and oil galley plugs are installed and sealed for reduced hassle.
- Block: OE Block 1991-1995 Gen V 4 Bolt 1pc Seal (No Mechanical Fuel Pump Provisions)
- Bore/Stroke:up to 4.310 x 4.250
- Displacement: 489/496 C.I.D.
- Crankshaft: Scat Nodular Iron 4.250" Stroke Internally Balanced 1pc.
- Connecting Rods: Scat 4340 Forged I Beam 6.385" ARP 8740 Bolts
- Pistons: Forged +20cc Dome
- Piston Rings: Moly Rings
- Compression Ratio: 118cc=10.2:1/124cc=9.7:1
- Camshaft Bearings: Installed & Clocked to OEM Position
- Freeze Plugs: Brass Installed & Sealed
- Oil Galley Plugs: Installed & Sealed
Every great build needs a solid foundation! For that reason, we take the hard work out of the picture by selling short blocks that are ready for you to complete yourself. Our GM Short Blocks are most commonly packaged as the engine block assembled with Pistons, Piston Rings and Crankshaft installed.
ATK specializes in muscle. With the highest quality internal parts and Dyno Proven combinations of every engine built, ATK is able to add the most bang for your buck and back it up with an industry leading warranty.
• Oil: 10W30
• Harmonic Balancer/Damper: Internally Balanced
• Flex Plate / Flywheel: Internally Balanced
• Balancer: Internal balance
• Flexplate/Flywheel: Internal balance
• Head Gasket: .038" thickness or per application
• Oil: 10W30 Non synthetic for first 3000 miles
• Oil Filter: Wix or K&N per application
Disclaimer: The parts listed are ATK’s recommendations of parts to be used to obtain our power figures listed. Power figures can vary based on parts used by the end user. It is the customer’s responsibility to verify components will work for their application. Some modifications to the vehicle may be required using these and or other aftermarket parts.