ATK HP09 Ford 351W Base Engine, or Stage 1 Engine, is designed for those that may have their own component parts already and who also are interested in completing out the build themselves. A Ford base engine typically consists of the following: Short Block, Camshaft, Timing set, Cylinder heads, Valve covers, Timing cover, oil pan, oil pump & pick up tube.
- Horsepower: 300
- Torque: 377 lb/ft
- Block: Seasoned OE roller block 1987-1995
- Bore/Stroke: 4.040 x 3.500
- Displacement: 351 C.I.D.
- Crankshaft: OE 1 piece rear main seal 28oz balance
- Connecting Rods:
- Pistons: Hypereutectic 9:1 compression
- Piston Rings: Moly
- Camshaft: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft Specifications: 219/219 @050 .498in/.498ex 112LSA
- Timing Chain: Double roller
- Cylinder Heads: OE #E7TE cast iron 1.77IN/1.46EX
- Rocker Arms: Stamped Steel 1.6 Ratio
- Oil Pan: Rear Sump Truck Pan
- Oil Pump Melling standard volume
ATK specializes in muscle. With the highest quality internal parts and Dyno Proven combinations of every engine built, ATK is able to add the most bang for your buck and back it up with an industry leading warranty. Check out our three stages of performance Ford Engines: they are separated by level of dress.
(1) ATK HP09 Ford 351W Base Engine 300HP
• Oil: Conventional / Non Synthetic 10W30
• Oil Filter: Wix or K&N per application
• Timing: 34-36 Degrees with vacuum port plugged on carburetor
• Spark Plug Gap: .035”
• Firing Order: 13726548
• Octane: 91+
• Stall Converter: Stock
• Exhaust: 1 5/8 Headers
Notes: Will not work with Ford factory speed density EFI or F-Series Trucks, Broncos or Vans.
Disclaimer: The parts listed are ATK’s recommendations of parts to be used to obtain our power figures listed. Power figures can vary based on parts used by the end user. It is the customer’s responsibility to verify components will work in their application. Some modifications to the vehicle may be required using these and or other aftermarket parts. ATK reserves the right to substitute parts used in engines if necessary.
• Balancer: External balance 28oz
• Flexplate/Flywheel: External balance 28oz
• Intake Manifold: Weiand Stealth dual plane #8023
• Distributor: Pro billet RTR (with upgraded melonite or steel gear)
• Water Pump: Later model LH inlet
• Carburetor: Quick Fuel 680CFM vacuum secondary’s electric choke #HR-680cfm
• Fuel Pump: Holley mechanical 110GPH #12-289-11
• Spark Plugs: Autolite #24
• Spark Plug Wires: 8mm
Shipping Instructions and Core Information
Shipping is free and lift gate will be provided.
There is no core charge for this engine. You will not be required to send a core back to the manufacturer.
Eastwood Offers Free Lifetime Technical Support
Attention California Residents - Proposition 65
WARNING - Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov