- Eastwood Rust Encapsulator Platinum
Eastwood Rust Encapsulator Platinum
Eastwood Rust Encapsulator Platinum
3X The Protection Of Original Encapsulator
Rust Encapsulator Platinum is a high-performance, moisture-cured coating that encapsulates and stops rust from spreading.
Rust Encapsulator Platinum can be used as a top coat or can be top coated with almost any paint. It can be applied over bare metal or surface rusted areas. Brush or spray applied with conventional spray equipment. Rust Encapsulator Platinum is ideal for any type of rusted metal surface and can withstand temperatures up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
WHAT MAKES PLATINUM SUPERIOR TO COMPETITORS’ PRODUCTS?
- Beat ALL competitive products in head-to-head Independent lab testing
- Passed over 1,500 hours of salt spray testing
- Tenacious bond permanently fuses to both bare, clean steel and corrosion
- Can be applied directly over surface rust
- Heat resistant to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Simple prep – wire brush, degrease and apply
- Easy to apply – brush, roll or spray (spray for best results)
- Can be top-coated with any high quality paint system
- 3X the corrosion protection of our Original Rust Encapsulator
- UV Resistant aluminum pigmented finish
Most Durable and Longest Lasting
Rust Encapsulator Platinum is the most durable, longest lasting rust encapsulating coating we have found. Independent lab testing of salt spray ASTM# B-117 testing has proven Rust Encapsulator Platinum has surpassed ALL competitive products tested and exceeded the 1500 hrs., torture test.
Rust Encapsulator Platinum Beats the Competition!
The independant lab test results don't lie! Below are the results of Rust Encapsulator Platinum and leading competitive rust products with over 500 hours of salt spray chamber testing. All panels are “Scribed Rusty Metal”. That means the panels were rusty, coated with the paint and then scribed before going into the salt spray chamber.
Universal Rust Prevention Coating
Developed to be brush, roller or spray applied, this coating is the best foundation and protection of any rusted substrate for use in:
- Farm and equipment
- Military Vehicle Protection
- Oil and Refinery Pipeline Industry
- Steel buildings, structures and general home and shop uses
Advanced High-Tech Formulation
Formulated to be applied outdoors at high dew points and temperatures down to 40° Fahrenheit or as high as 80° Fahrenheit with minimal surface preparation. Assuring excellent adhesion and impact resistance along with industry leading corrosion protection and encapsulating properties.
Image below shows a frame being painted outside with the temperature at 75 degrees Fahrenheit and 75% humidity.
• Single component aluminum pigmented coating
• 67% solids by weight
• Approximate coverage: 96 SQ FT per quart for one coat
• Proprietary additive increases product adhesion to rusted steel substrates- unmatched by competitive coatings
• 1 coat assures maximum protection
• Brush, roller or spray applied
• Paint Gun: HVLP gravity or siphon with a 1.4 minimum needle/nozzle
• Re-coat able after 4 hrs.- if top coating after 48 hrs., scuff surface with 320 grit paper
• 2 hrs., tack free
• Easy to apply
• Topcoat able with virtually any high-quality coating
• Maximum service temp of 350° Fahrenheit
Recommended Substrates and Prep
• Apply product as a primer/Encapsulator over clean or corroded (rusted) steel or cast iron
• Prep surface by mechanically cleaning loose flaking rust with a stiff brush or wire brush/wheel
• Remove any grease, oils or other surface contaminants with a solvent such as PRE or Acetone
• Apply by brush, roller or spray
1. Prepare substrate by wire brush cleaning loose corrosion.
2. Solvent wipe with PRE or Acetone to remove oil, grease or other contaminants. Allow to dry thoroughly before coating.
3. Apply product when surface temp is between 40° Fahrenheit and 80° Fahrenheit with humidity from 10 to 75%. NOTE: assure moisture is not accumulating on the surface to be coated.
4. Apply 1 medium wet coat with bristle brush or roller assuring all cavities and areas of corrosion are covered.
NOTE: Product can also be thinned up to 20% with Xylene and spray applied with traditional HVLP gravity or siphon spray equipment, use a 1.4 minimum needle/nozzle
5. Product will be tack-free after 2 hrs.
6. If top coating: apply top coat after 4 hrs., or before 48 hrs.
NOTE: If a smoother surface finish is desired, product can be mechanically sanded with 320 grit before top coating.
7. If top coating is desired after 48 hrs., surface must be scuff sanded with 320 grit paper to assure top coat adhesion.
8. Clean all spray equipment with acetone or lacquer thinner.
NOTE: After usage, wipe recess of can with clean rag and solvent to remove any product. If product is left in lid area recess of can and lid is re attached, the product will bond the two pieces together. This will render the product useless, as it will be very difficult to separate the lid from the can. NOTE: It is highly recommended to use this product in conjunction with a plastic mixing cup and lid for short term storage after initial use.
Be sure to always wear all personal safety equipment when working with this or any coatings.
Click here to see safety products
This product has a 2 Year Shelf Life
Eastwood Offers Free Lifetime Technical Support
Attention California Residents - Proposition 65
WARNING - Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov