Eastwood has been one of the leading names in rust prevention for many years. Now we bring you twice the corrosion resistance of our original Rust Encapsulator in a simple to apply moisture cure coating. Spray it, brush it or roll it on. It does not matter, just get it on to protect your next project from corrosion.
Rust Encapsulator Plus Features:
- 2X Stronger Than Original Rust Encapsulator
- Passed over 1,000 hours of salt spray testing
- Best used in Non-Direct Sunlight Applications
- Should be top coated in Direct Sunlight Applications
- Direct to metal or apply over rust
- Heat Resistant Up To 350 Degrees F
- Only one coat required for full coverage
- Easy Application: Roll, Brush, or Spray
One time simply application last for years
Use to protect or restore car frames, boat trailers, utility trailers, outdoor metal furniture, mailbox posts, bilco cellar doors and more!
- Better than hardware store aerosols
- Outperforms all competitors and heat stable to 350 degrees F
- Only 2 quarts required for full size car or truck frame
- Looks great or topcoat with your product of choice
US Pint (473ml)
US Quart (0.9 liter)
US Gallon (3.785 liter)
• Matte Black Finish
• Single component aluminum pigmented coating
• 67% solids by weight
• Approximate coverage: 96 SQ FT per quart for one coat
• Proprietary additive increases product adhesion to rusted steel substrates- unmatched by competitive coatings
• 1 coat assures maximum protection
• Brush, roller or spray applied
• Paint Gun: HVLP gravity or siphon with a 1.4 minimum needle/nozzle
• Re-coat able after 4 hrs.- if top coating after 48 hrs., scuff surface with 320 grit paper
• 2 hrs., tack free
• Easy to apply
• Topcoat able with virtually any high-quality coating
• Maximum service temp of 350° Fahrenheit
Recommended Substrates and Prep
• Apply product as a primer/Encapsulator over clean or corroded (rusted) steel or cast iron
• Prep surface by mechanically cleaning loose flaking rust with a stiff brush or wire brush/wheel
• Remove any grease, oils or other surface contaminants with a solvent such as PRE or Acetone
• Apply by brush, roller or spray
1. Prepare substrate by wire brush cleaning loose corrosion.
2. Solvent wipe with PRE or Acetone to remove oil, grease or other contaminants. Allow to dry thoroughly before coating.
3. Apply product when surface temp is between 40° Fahrenheit and 80° Fahrenheit with humidity from 10 to 75%. NOTE: assure moisture is not accumulating on the surface to be coated.
4. Apply 1 medium wet coat with bristle brush or roller assuring all cavities and areas of corrosion are covered.
NOTE: Product can also be thinned up to 20% with Xylene and spray applied with traditional HVLP gravity or siphon spray equipment, use a 1.4 minimum needle/nozzle
5. Product will be tack-free after 2 hrs.
6. If top coating: apply top coat after 4 hrs., or before 48 hrs.
NOTE: If a smoother surface finish is desired, product can be mechanically sanded with 320 grit before top coating.
7. If top coating is desired after 48 hrs., surface must be scuff sanded with 320 grit paper to assure top coat adhesion.
8. Clean all spray equipment with acetone or lacquer thinner.
NOTE: After usage, wipe recess of can with clean rag and solvent to remove any product. If product is left in lid area recess of can and lid is re attached, the product will bond the two pieces together. This will render the product useless, as it will be very difficult to separate the lid from the can. NOTE: It is highly recommended to use this product in conjunction with a plastic mixing cup and lid for short term storage after initial use.
Be sure to always wear all personal safety equipment when working with this or any coatings.
Click here to see safety products
1 Year Warranty
Click here for the Eastwood Warranty Policy
Rust Encapsulator Comparison
Eastwood Offers Free Lifetime Technical Support
Attention California Residents - Proposition 65
WARNING - Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov