- (1) Eastwood Rust Encapsulator Platinum Gallon (128oz)
- Single component aluminum pigmented coating
- 67% solids by weight
- Proprietary additive increases product adhesion to rusted steel substrates- unmatched by competitive coatings
- 1 coat assures maximum protection
- Brush, roller or spray applied
- Paint Gun: HVLP gravity or siphon with a 1.4 minimum needle/nozzle
- Re-coat able after 4 hrs.- if top coating after 48 hrs., scuff surface with 320 grit paper
- 2 hrs., tack free
- Easy to apply
- Topcoat able with virtually any high-quality coating
- Maximum service temp of 350° Fahrenheit
Recommended Substrates and Prep
- Apply product as a primer/Encapsulator over clean or corroded (rusted) steel or cast iron
- Prep surface by mechanically cleaning loose flaking rust with a stiff brush or wire brush/wheel
- Remove any grease, oils or other surface contaminants with a solvent such as PRE or Acetone
- Apply by brush, roller or spray
- 1. Clean loose rust and scale with stiff wire brush before application.
- 2. Clean surface to be painted with PRE Painting Prep # 10041Z or lacquer thinner. Allow to dry.
- 3. Application Temperature/Time to Recoat: Apply when metal surface temperature is between 40F and 80F. Top coat after 4 hours up to 48 hours. After 48 hours surface must be scuff sanded with Scotchbrite pad or 320 grit paper for maximum adhesion.
- 4. Brush Application: Apply one medium wet coat with bristle brush to all rusted areas. Assure hard to reach areas are coated.
- 5. Spray Application: Product can be thinned up to 20% with Xylene. Clean spray equipment immediately with acetone or lacquer thinner.
- 6. Product Storage: If product is to be stored in this container. Wipe recessed area on can area to remove product before closing lid. Failure to clean area will result in lid bonding to can and destroying product.
This product has a 2 Year Shelf Life