BendPak TS-580V-601 Air Compressor - 5 HP - 80-Gallon Vertical Tank 5179105
- 90-Day Returns
- Technical Support
- In Stock
The TS-5 Air Compressor, a Tried-and-True Classic
The TS-5 is one of BendPak’s most popular air compressor models. High-quality, slow running cast iron compressor pumps deliver proven longevity in the most demanding conditions. Because they run at a slower RPM than most comparable units, they’re quieter, run cooler and cost less to operate. 100% cast iron pumps provide the quality and performance needed for heavy‐use applications like automotive and body repair to manufacturing and industrial service.
The two-stage, twin piston pump features splash lubrication for total reliability and a finned cylinder configuration that provides 360° cooling. Heavy‐duty, disc‐type valves are dependable and accessible without having to remove the cylinder head or perform other complicated valve maintenance procedures. A built‐in inter-cooler and air‐cooled after-cooler chill the air, resulting in reduced heat and condensation moisture.
This air compressor includes a set of four rugged, half-inch thick pads to ensure there's virtually zero machine vibration during operation. The high-quality elastomer compound resists aging, compression set, water and oil.
The TS-5 Elite air compressor operates at low temperatures and optimizes its efficiency for maximum air output. The pump runs at a lower speed, which also reduces noise in your shop or garage. When you finally decide which air compressor best fits your needs, take into account the overall lifetime maintenance costs.
- Extra-quiet, low-RPM pump
- 5 HP energy‐efficient motor
- Pressure switch ensures efficient operation at all times
- Cast‐iron pump and heads are more stable under heavy workloads and do not warp from heat like aluminum cylinders
- Cast‐iron Elite pump features simple splash lubrication for total reliability and a finned cylinder configuration that provides 360° cooling
- Dual drive belts require less belt tension resulting in less load on pump bearings, longer belt life and low vibration
- Fully‐enclosed belt guard
- ASME-rated tank
- Anti-vibration pads included
- Large surface area and cooling fins on cylinders and forced‐air after-cooler provides efficient heat dissipation for lower operating temperatures and dryer air
- Precision honed cylinders increase efficiency and oil control
- Oversized ductile iron crankshaft provides extra strength and longer wear
- Tapered roller main bearings provide full contact and support of the crankshaft and needle‐type piston pin bearings properly distribute bearing loads
- Precision balanced flywheel has forced‐air fan blades for optimum compressor cooling and life
- Magnetic starter provides thermal overload protection and minimizes start loads
- ASME-rated safety valve protects the compressor from overpressure and safeguards the operator
- Balanced flywheel and counterbalanced crankshaft provides vibration‐free operation
- Readily accessible disc‐valves do not require disassembly of compressor piping for easy accessibility
- Corrosion resistant tubing for coolers, separators and valves for longer life
- High‐density, die‐cast aluminum alloy rods minimize reciprocating weight
- Rugged cast iron oil reservoir has convenient sight gauge glass, large oil drain and convenient fill cap
- Automatic pressure switch provides auto start and stop
- Integrated pressure unloader valves are built into the intake valve assembly on the compressor head
- Pressure gauge with service valve